AIRBORNE EXPERIENCE CC (Registration No: 2008/060525/23)
Last Updated 01 July 2021
AIRBORNE is committed to protecting your privacy.
What This Policy Covers
This applies to the processing of Personal Data collected by us when you:
- Visit our branded social media pages
- Provide us with information by filling in a form on our platforms
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Register to attend, and/or otherwise take part in our events, webinars or conferences
- As a potential customer, for the provisioning of our services
- to establish contact with you to better understand your requirement for our services
- for the purposes of formulating a contract with you, in order to provide our services to you
- for any other purposes to enable AIRBORNE to assess your suitability as a potential customer
- To be considered for Potential Employment with AIRBORNE
- for evaluating your eligibility for an interview
- for evaluating your suitability for employment at AIRBORNE
- for any other purposes to enable AIRBORNE to adequately consider you as a candidate for employment
- Third parties, including public databases, social media sites, business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services.
Personal information that we collect
AIRBORNE processes Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific. AIRBORNE uses your information for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you to facilitate the provision of services to you, and purposes which are within reasonable expectations and where permitted by law.
We may collect the following Personal Information but not limited to:
First and Last name;
Identification Number and/or Passport Number
Date of Birth
Should your Personal Information change or you wish to amend and/or correct this Personal Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- You may browse our platforms without submitting any information that identifies you personally. We will collect personal information if you choose to complete and submit one of our contact forms. The information we collect from you will vary, depending on how you use our platforms and engage with AIRBORNE.
- This information may include your first name, last name, company name, company email address, cell-phone and business telephone numbers, your position held and your country of residence.
- The information may also include details of your personal home address, your work address and any other address which you may elect as the site for the delivery of our services from time to time.
- If you apply for a job, we may process the personal information contained in your curriculum vitae and/or other application documentation. In this regard, we may process the particulars relating to your previous employment, tax details, and any other employment-related information that you provide. You hereby consent to us processing all such information in connection with your prospective employment.
- You have the option of providing information regarding your interest in AIRBORNE and whether you would like a sales representative to contact you or whether you would like to engage in any way with a AIRBORNE representative.
- We may also collect other information that does not personally identify you. Such other information includes browser and device information, website and application usage data, IP addresses, demographic information such as marketing preferences, geographic location, home language, and information collected through cookies and other technologies or information that has been anonymised or aggregated.
- You may choose not to provide personal information to us when requested. However, if this is necessary to provide you with our solutions, products and services, access to our internet services, or to perform administrative functions, we may be unable to provide such services without the required personal information.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
- Our legitimate interests for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, including direct marketing, and transfers within AIRBORNE of personal information for business and administrative purposes, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Where this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation on us.
- To protect the vital interests of any individual
- Where you have consented for such processing to take place.
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve our solutions, products and services, for example to:
- Perform administrative and business functions and internal reporting.
- Obtain feedback from you about our services, products and solutions including through client surveys.
- Respond to your enquiries
- Send marketing communications to you.
- Enable you to subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists.
- Enable you to register for AIRBORNE events, workshops and conferences.
- Inform you about and provide you with our products, services and solutions.
- Update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- Process and respond to privacy requests, questions, concerns and complaints.
- Fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
Sharing your personal information
- With business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- With service providers, to provide operational services or facilitate transactions on our behalf, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, client support, email delivery, data analytics and auditing.
- Where you consent to the sharing of your personal information.
- For other legal reasons and to protect the rights, property or safety of AIRBORNE its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Any third parties with whom we share personal information are contractually required to implement appropriate data protection and security measures to protect personal information and are not permitted to use personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are provided with or given access to personal information.
Security of your personal information
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- We limit access to the information by our own employees, contractors, site service providers and those individuals who are authorised for the proper handling of such information.
- We request that our third-party contractors and site service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
- Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platforms or on site. Accordingly, any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to endeavour to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored outside of your territory. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your territory, who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Your rights under in relation to your personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data or where you are located):
- The right to ask whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, to establish the details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
- The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that might be inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you. In this instance AIRBORNE will retain your Personal Information subject to any legislative requirement and/or our internal retention policy.
- The right to object to how we are processing your personal data and to ask us to restrict or change how we are processing your personal data.
- The right to have your personal data provided to you in a structured and commonly accepted electronic format. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if this is feasible.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal data if applicable. Personal data collected through our platforms is not sold to third parties.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, send us an email to contact email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances we may need to take steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Improving your browsing experience
- Customising our interactions with you
- Compiling statistical data
- Analysing the performance and usability of our internet services
- Measuring traffic patterns for our internet services; and
- Determining which areas of our internet services have been visited
- To ensure that our platform is secure and safe to use.
These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our internet services including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the internet), together with the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
Our internet services may also contain web beacons or similar technologies from third party analytics providers, through which they collect information about your activities across our internet services to help us compile aggregated statistics. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Communication and Direct Marketing
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our contracts, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you/your organisation. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
We may send you direct marketing communications about our solutions and products and services. We may send you information on events, conferences and webinars presented by AIRBORNE. You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing material from AIRBORNE. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
- Sending an email to the sender of the marketing communications; or sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, we may still send you administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products, solutions and services, which you will be unable to opt out of.
We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes or sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
Retaining your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contains links to and from the websites of our affiliated Group companies and our partner network and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to contact us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at:
AIRBORNE EXPERIENCE CC
Suite 006, Ground Floor, North Wing,
Granger Bay Court
V & A Waterfront
Tel: +27 861 237 237
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator. The contact details of the Information Regulator are available on its website at: https://justice.gov.za/inforeg/
© Copyright 2021 AIRBORNE – All Rights Reserved